The title BSP originates from an engineering and drafting company established in London in 1941 by Messrs Bayley, Smith and Pettinger who later branched out to Australia with offices in Melbourne and Sydney in 1958. The BSP Industries office in Western Australia was established in 1969 and subsequently transferred to local ownership in 1981.
BSP has supplied engineering design, project and support staff to mining companies, oil and gas companies, heavy engineering and consulting engineers for over thirty years. With a large database of experienced and specialised candidates, BSP's main focus initially was on the supply of subcontract professional design and project engineering personnel, but over time BSP has also supplied skilled maintenance and operations personnel to various industrial and mine sites when required.
BSP provides contract personnel to most of the major industrial and engineering companies, and consultancies operating in Australia and has been closely involved with almost every major resource development since 1969.